Ingredients: (Makes approx. 10 muffins)
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• 1/2 cup Rocky Ridge Maple Syrup
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup Rocky Ridge Maple Syrup for brushing over tops
1) Heat oven to 375, and lightly grease your muffin pan.
2) Melt butter in a small pan, letting it go until it starts to brown and smell nutty. Don’t let it burn, but stop when it gets deep brown. There will be dark sediment in the pan, so pour the butter through a wire mesh strainer and set it aside to cool a bit. Don’t worry if a little of the sediment makes it through the strainer.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and sugar.
4) In a smaller bowl, toss the berries with 1/4 cup flour mixture.
5) In a large measuring cup or smaller bowl, whisk the melted butter, Rocky Ridge maple syrup, eggs and salt.
6) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix till blended then fold in berries.
7) Fill the muffin cups evenly and bake for 18-20 minutes.
8) Test with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean, if so, it’s done.
9) Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes, then place on a cooling rack
10) Brush the tops with Rocky Ridge maple syrup and Serve!